The South East Croquet Federation created the Croquet Academy at the Sussex County Croquet Club in Southwick in 2007 to provide a range of courses by qualified coaches for all levels of skill.
The Croquet Academy is back in full action for the 2022 season. We’ve planned a range of courses to suit players of all abilities, all aimed at helping to make you a better player.
New innovations for 2022 include:
An introduction to AC using Short Croquet
Short croquet is an ideal way to start playing Association Croquet (AC). It is played on half sized lawns which makes it far easier to pick up and practice the techniques involved in this fascinating game.
Croquet Mindset Mastery on-demand – Via on line modules
Attitude of mind is a vital component in improving your performance. This course, created by a leading mindset practitioner, enables you to study the course at a speed to suit yourself. The on line course will be supported by live on line Q & A sessions.
Hub club coaching
The Academy have planned to set up two new hubs at Guildford and Tunbridge Wells where Academy Coaches will come to the hub to lead the courses. The purpose is to reduce participants travel by offering some of the more popular courses. These Federation courses will be in addition to the comprehensive programme at Southwick.
Full details of all courses can be found on line at www.thecroquetacademy.com
Brief details are:
April 2021: The Croquet Academy launches its 2021 Programme
The Croquet Academy has launched its programme of 19 courses aimed at AC and GC players, from complete beginners to advanced.
New for 2021, we offer:
- Cliff’s zoom webinars on the new AC Laws update, with a return
visit later in the season for his very popular two day course for AC
Improvers, which is accompanied by his excellent course manuals.
- A GC Workshop’ including a Swing Trainer and Video Analysis to learn where to improve.
- ‘It’s not about the mallet’ with former World Champion Stephen
Mulliner, whether GC or AC, learn how to get that winning mentality.
- Tim King will run a ‘GC Master Class’ for aspiring A and B-Level tournament players.
- Short Croquet – AC for beginners – it’s one of the easiest way to learn the game.
- An opportunity to attend a course by Stephen Custance-Baker, author of ‘Every Shot Is Tactical’.
- Everything from complete beginners to advanced in both GC and AC.
For further information on all courses, please contact The Croquet Academy Secretary, Chrissie Merrington – email@example.com
The Croquet Academy Director