SECF 2021 AGM agenda
Agenda to be held via Zoom on Sunday 7th November 2021 at 10.30 a.m. (details have been sent to clubs)
- Apologies for absence.
- Minutes of the 34rd AGM held on 22nd November 2020 and matters arising. Click 2020_agm_minutes to read the minutes.
- Election of Officers and Committee for 2022
The following persons offer themselves for election or re-election:
Chairman: Andrew Stewart (West Worthing & Sussex County)
Secretary: Louise Taylor (Merton)
Treasurer: David King (Sussex County)
Committee members: Richard Carline (Sussex County); Jon Diamond (Royal Tunbridge Wells); Jonathan Isaacs (Sussex County) John Low (Sussex County) George Noble (Surbiton).
Andrew Stewart, Ian Cobbold and Samir Patel will also be members of the Committee by virtue of Clause 7 g) of the Constitution since they are the elected members of the Council of the Croquet Association for the South East Constituency.
- Treasurer’s Report (David King) To view accounts click Accounts_2021, For report click Treasurer_report_2021.
- Appointment of the Auditor (Independent Examiner)
- Chairman’s Report (Andrew Stewart).. To view report click Chairman_Report_2021.
- Webmaster’s report (Jon Diamond). To view report click 2021 online report.
- Coaching Officer’s Report (Richard Carline)
- League Organiser’s report (John Low). To view report click Report on Federation Leagues 2021.
Motion to be proposed by the Committee to amend the general league rule as follows:
From –The league winners will be the teams with the most league points. Ties will be decided by head to head matches, percentage games won and then by a play-off of 2 or more teams. Any play-off will be held before April of next year.
To – The league winner will be the team with the most league points. If two teams only are tied and have played each other then the winner shall be the winner of that match; otherwise the tied teams shall be placed in order of percentage games won; if necessary, these two stages may be repeated until a winner is found. If there remains a tie then play-offs among the tied teams will be held before April of next year.
Motion to be proposed by Tunbridge Wells CC:
That the format and rules for the AC B League be changed to: “Each match consists of 3 players and each match consists of 3 rounds of 14pt games, each being one singles and one doubles. League teams will be listed in ascending handicap order A to C versus a to c. In the first round A will play singles against a, in the second round B will play singles against b and in the third round C will play singles against c.
All games shall be played with full bisques to a base of 6; Appendix 3 of the Laws of Association Croquet shall apply.
All games are played handicap, with a time limit of 80 minutes. If a lawn is less than 2/3 size normal handicap differences are reduced by a factor of 2/3.
Each player’s handicap must be at least 10 when the fixture is arranged.”
Motion to be proposed by Ealing CC:
That the rules for the AC
B U League be amended to replace the sentence “All games are played handicap” with:
“All games are played on a “full bisque handicap” basis, with a base handicap of 10; Appendix 3 of the Laws of Association Croquet shall apply.”
- Fixing of the rate of the annual subscription for 2022
- The amount of the tournament and league fees for 2022
- Report by the South East Constituency Representative(s) on the Council of the Croquet Association (Samir Patel/Ian Cobbold)
- Any other business to include consideration as to the future format of the AGM either via Zoom, face to face or a combination of these.